Campaign Greenhouse provides campaign coaching all the way through Election Day for $250 a month or less. Until now, small, low-budget, non-targeted and down-ticket campaigns have had very little support available at a price point that makes sense. Our platform for Democratic and progressive campaigns fixes that by giving coaches and experts the tools to help campaigns quickly and easily.
We piloted our program in 2017 and this year we’re rolling out our groundbreaking online platform. We expect to be working with hundreds of campaigns this year, and we need a few Coaches to help make it happen. Because this is new, we’re looking for a mix of people with different levels of campaign experience; we don’t yet know what kind of background will be most helpful in preparing people to be high-volume campaign coaches.
How it Works
Platform & Community
Subscribing Campaigns have access to the Campaign Greenhouse online platform which includes an individual dashboard, Facebook-style community engagement space for discussion and questions on various campaign topics, and a library of campaign resources available for perusal.
Volunteer Experts along with Campaign Greenhouse staff are available through the online platform, posting news, tips, and timely suggestions in community forums, answering questions from campaigns, and helping point them in the right direction for the resources they need. Local expertise will come from volunteer experts.
Coaches work with campaigns in Cohorts of up to 30 campaigns who all share the same election date. The goal is for each campaign to get individual attention and advice, but in a format that allows this to happen much more efficiently. We expect work with each cohort to take no more than 5 hours a week. During that 5 hours, coaches accomplish:
- One weekly conference call to dive in on a key topic for the week, practice key skills, set goals and priorities.
- A glance through each campaign’s progress for the past week; what work has gotten done, where are their numbers, what questions have come up, what is successful and what is sticking.
- Individually assigning each campaign priorities and goals for the next week and pushing out to them the materials they need using the Campaign Greenhouse online platform.
- Engagement in the Campaign Greenhouse community through the online platform to drive conversation, answer questions, point to resources, and help the campaigns in your cohort help each other.
The central Campaign Greenhouse team is continually adding to our archive of content for campaigns; trainings, worksheets, templates, discussions, etc. Especially during this first year, we expect that coaches will need to create some quick-and-dirty content for campaigns on the fly, so they have what they need immediately. Our central content team will be working in the background to turn that urgent content into beautiful lasting tools that can be sent to other campaigns at a moment’s notice.
- Experience working with more than one campaign at once.
- Strong boundaries around time and availability. If this price point is going to work, campaigns need to solve their own problems when the candidate is freaking out about yard signs at 2am.
- A bias for action; done is better than perfect, and something is better than nothing for every single one of our campaigns.
- A heart for small campaigns and a commitment to our values.
We also like
- People with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- People who can move at campaign speeds
- People with a background or interest in cognitive and behavioral science
- People who have gone through an online coaching program (fitness/weight loss, language learning, finances, career development)
- People with connections to Florida
- People who speak more than one language or are literate in more than one culture.
- Part-time independent contract through November, 2018.
- Start with one cohort, work up from there as we grow.
- Set your own schedule for conference calls, online availability and any individual check-ins.
- Earn 15% of your cohort campaigns’ $250 monthly fees (earn $1,125 per cohort per month).
- Earn 10% of monthly fees for every campaign you refer to Campaign Greenhouse ($25/month/campaign).
- For coaches with 6 or more cohorts, benefits are negotiable and can include funding for health insurance.
Fill out a quick application here. There are two online forms to submit. Make sure you complete BOTH forms or your application will not be complete. We’ll evaluate and reach out to the top applicants.