Campaign Greenhouse provides campaign coaching all the way through Election Day for $250 a month or less. Until now, small, low-budget, non-targeted and down-ticket campaigns have had very little support available at a price point that makes sense. Our platform for Democratic and progressive campaigns fixes that by giving coaches and experts the tools to help campaigns quickly and easily.
We piloted our program in 2017 and this year we’re rolling out our groundbreaking online platform. We expect to be working with hundreds of campaigns this year, and we need a Tech, Ops, & Admin person to handle the logistics it will take to spin up our operation quickly. We’ll be a very small team for the foreseeable future, so as in other small companies there’s an all-hands-on-deck ethos, and this position is a little bit of a catch-all where a lot of the random stuff gets done. This is also a flexible position. At its most basic it’s meeting the needs of the tech, operations and admin systems of the business day-to-day, but we’re a new company, systems change fast, and there is room for this to quickly grow into a senior level position.
Our tech platform is at the heart of our business. We have the core of the platform ready to go, but the person who takes this job will own responsibility for the peripheral tech infrastructure that supports the platform – the on-ramps and off-ramps to help campaigns transition between user states.
- Make sure processes are air-tight and there are no gaps in pathways.
- Own and drive the project plan and timelines – know what’s supposed to be done when by whom, and make sure it happens.
The ideal candidate will have enough tech chops do lots of this work themselves, to be adept at translating tech speak, and to be creative and rigorous about proposed solutions. This will primarily be at the technician level; you’ll have support for less day-to-day work like systems architecture, requirements definition, and project management.
Take over existing systems, build new ones. Handle our accounts with the dozens of vendors it takes to run any business. Know where our money is, where it’s coming from, where it’s going. Make sure the lights stay on and people get paid. Be the primary contact with our accountant and attorney. The idea candidate will be borderline obsessive about details and systems. If you color code your closet and have a system governing your kitchen spice rack, we want to talk with you.
Clear the Principal’s desk to make sure she’s spending her time wisely and efficiently. Handle the things she shouldn’t. Set up and enforce systems to ensure we operate smoothly and efficiently. Prevent or solve all of the tiny frustrating problems that could pop up. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a principal, the ability to communicate quickly and directly.
- Tech chops to handle intricate peripheral systems using AirTable, Google Drive, Slack, MoonClerk, Prosperworks, Facebook, ActionNetwork.
- Eye for systems architecture to help streamline processes and transitions.
- Faced with a daunting to-do list, the ability to move through it like this Australian shepherd, not like this golden retriever.
We also like
- People with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- People who can move at campaign speeds
- People with a background or interest in cognitive and behavioral science
- People who have gone through an online coaching program (fitness/weight loss, language learning, finances, career development)
- People with connections to Florida
- People who speak more than one language or are literate in more than one culture.
This is a full-time temporary contract.
- $5,000/month campaign-style position through November, 2018 with the possibility of transitioning to full-time employee status after that.
- Benefits negotiable and include funding for health insurance.
- Based in Washington, DC with an office in Takoma Park.
Fill out a quick application here. There are two quick online forms to submit. Make sure you complete BOTH forms or your application will not be complete. We’ll evaluate and reach out to the top applicants.